Tuesday, November 1, 2016

My Why

Recently on social media I've noticed posts about the 'why' we do things. And I've had a few people ask me about the how and why I joined Stampin Up! and why I share paper crafting. I turned to the words of a wonderful and wise fellow demonstrator Mary Fish.

Mary is a very talented and creative demonstrator with Stampin Up! She recently celebrated $1,000,000 in sales. In a post/interview she shared this, "Join for fun and your love of stamping first and foremost. Let the business evolve if it calls to you." 

That really rang true for me. And it probably is true for a large majority of demonstrators. I think it starts like this.

Step 1 - You discover stamping, through a friend, at a craft fair, or maybe even through a group you are a part of.

Step 2 - You want opportunities to craft again. You come to card classes and project classes.

Step 3 - You discover other cards and projects you want to make and decide to order supplies for yourself so you can craft at home.

Step 4 - This step varies. It varies for several reasons. You might have less than $99 in product in your cart. (It happens.) You might have $99, or more, in your cart, but you might not realize that your cart purchases can be your starter kit, totally designed by you. You might think you can't go to card classes if you order a starter kit. You might not realize that buying the starter kit is your ticket to a discount of 20% on future purchases.

So for those reasons you make your purchases and are quite happy being my customer. And I'm happy that you are. 

At some point you may explore the options and take advantage of the value of ordering your customized starter kit. Because of the great value you might decide to design a starter kit. You select $125 in products for $99 plus tax, but NO shipping. Right off the bat you have saved over $35!

And there are discounts on your future orders
And you can still come to all my classes - you'll find other Stamping Queens there
And with team activities you'll have even more opportunities to stamp and craft

For years that was my story. It stopped there. I designed my starter kit because it was an awesome deal. I purchased products and kits for myself and sometimes made projects for family and friends.

A year ago a witch's hat helped me see an opportunity missed. I realized that my friends wanted to craft with me. And I started inviting friends over to craft. We had so much fun! And then they asked if they could bring others. And they asked about products and projects they saw in the catalog and on ...Pinterest.

That's when the business began calling to me.

I would love to craft with you. You, and the fun I have crafting with you, are my why.

No comments:

Post a Comment